This is the post excerpt.
In 1926 the First Presbyterian Church of Oakland approved the plans to build a Bible School in the Montclair District of Oakland. The building was to cost about $25,000. It became necessary due that they had outgrown the temporary accommodations at the school. They grew from seven children in January to eighty in July. Thorn … Continue reading Thorn Road Bible School
A little history of the Montclarion newspaper in Oakland Ca. Before The Montclarion newspaper rolled off the presses in 1944, there were two earlier editions of the paper. The Montclair Garden Club published a newsletter called the Montclair Clarion in the early 1930s. The editor was Margery Lane Schuler who lived on Merriewood Drive. Schuler was also the advertising manager, copy … Continue reading The Montclarion, a little history
Display Home - Sheffield Village Opens Mar 1941 Located at 168 Marlow Drive in Sheffield Village. Completely furnished by Jackson Furniture Company E.B. Field Corporation, owners and builders of Sheffield Village. Hawthorne House 168 Marlow Drive EB Field Corporation 1941 Jacksons Furniture Zillow
In March of 1886, the Board of Supervisors created a new school district. That took from portions of the Piedmont, Peralta, and Fruitvale districts and representing about 44 children. The new district was called the Hays district, in honor of the late Colonel John Coffee Hays. The superintendent appointed the following residents of the area … Continue reading Hays School in Montclair
The first home according to the above article was built for Erwin Howell. The two-story colonial was built at 4065 Oakmore Road. Colonial Erwin Howell Owner 1927 Google Map 1924 Hoover Avenue Spanish Style Grace Clifford Frederick H Reimers Architect Irwin Reimers Builder 1927 Google Maps 1941 Hoover Avenue Colonial Style 1928 Harry W. Hartman … Continue reading Oakmore Highlands Homes
Breuner-Tribune Home June 1934 Display Homes of 1934 New homes at 1746 Leimert, 1808 Leimert and 1816 Leimert - Sept 1934 1746 Leimert, 1808 Leimert and 1816 Leimert Just a few of the homes in the Oakmore Highlands Neighborhood. For more on Oakmore Highlands please see: Oakmore Highlands
Wickman Havens Real Estate Company opened Havenscourt in 1912. Within the 170 acres Havenscourt there are 21 miles of streets and sidewalks.¹ Two Schools, 17 Acres Playground, a Civic Center and train station The official entrance was at Havenscourt Blvd and East 14th Street where there was a a pergola and a gazebo. The Havenscourt station … Continue reading Havenscourt